Friday, February 27, 2015

I learned the importance of captions on a photo

I thought that captions on a photo were something that would not usually take a lot of time to do. I thought the photographer would just write what the picture is. But, in this assignment for my photojournalism class, I learned that captions are so much more than that. I learned that a caption to a photo is what draws the reader in, it is what gets them interested in the article. And in my opinion, photographs are supposed to make people want to read the article below!

For every caption, the writer must put the 5 W's and one H, which are, who, when, why, what, where and how. These '6 questions' are important because they let the reader know exactly what the article is going to be about before they read it, hence making them more interested to red the entire article. They are constituting a formula for getting the complete story on a subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment